So Ill be picking up the reigns (pun intended) on Odds on again today - got my artists (you know who you are, and you are VERY MUCH appreciated) working on some new stuff to add in which is coming along quite nicely (gosh, this might actually LOOK the biz too :) ).
Got them nasty bugs to squish at some point too - ill try and nail that today, as well as further developing my horse/jockey database.... busy busy!
Noticed I had a mention on the Gamespot UK Podcast too this last week (listen to podcast released on 23rd July!) which was great - just hope it brings some nice new followers to my blog :)
So this weeks plan of action is essentially:
1) Get new screenies on the blog (done!)
2) Squish the bugs
3) Implement new graphical touches
4) Continue work on database.
It never ends this, I'm still mindful I'm working on just one part of what will ultimately be a much larger game project too, but also hopeful that this is very much the "meat" of the game too - so once Ive cracked this to my satisfaction, the rest should relatively easily fall into place..
Dont forget to click the pics to see them properly :)
This is a pic of the new track gfx with simply "stretched" larger horse sprites - I do have new horse sprites to implement but this gives a good idea of scale:

Here is the first pic of the race preview screen. A lot of stuff still needs to be inserted here (such as going, jockey info etc. etc. but it allows you at the moment to see the odds and place bets etc. One of the things I need to do is change the blue boxes to something more aesthetically pleasing as you cant see the image behind them at the moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment