Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Reignition

HELLO!

One minute I'm writing about having my own website, the next a year has passed and I find a link to my old blog. Damn so much has happened in those 12 months that I don't know where to begin...

OK, lets start from where I left off. Adarakion Games is in a much better place than it was 12 months ago with me dabbling in Blitz and making a mess of my code. I eventually knuckled down and decided to put my C++ learning into practice. I recruited an AWESOME team and converted them to the way of Adarakion, and whaddya know - we only went and made a game! www.adarakion.com and follow the links to RoChain - be good to get your feedback.

In general, the feedback we have received about RoChain has been so positive we decided to try and monetise it in some way by making an iPhone app. We've really only just started out on this and we have a long path to follow, however we are hoping to get something "out there" by Christmas. RoChain lends itself REALLY well to the mobile platforms and with a few design/implementation tweaks here and there I think it will do really well.

So what of the other projects I talked about in the past? Well, Project Blast! is still very much in the offing, although the tech we are looking at playing with to bring it to you is still being considered, so no doubt there will be more on that next year.. Odds On has kinda fallen by the wayside a little. I still think in concept its a great idea for a game, but its more a labour of love for me than anything else. Its one of those titles Ive been working on for so many years (from my early Amiga years) that I feel one day it will get made, however its not a priority for me/us at the moment as we need to focus on the right areas to (hopefully) make this a success.

We are also fighting hard to work on these things for a living, and hopefully can divulge a little more on our progress over the coming months!

Hopefully it wont be a year before the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment